- Homeless Veterans - resources for homeless veterans
- Women Veterans - resources for women veterans
- Veteran Benefits for Seniors - programs for certain elderly Veterans with an additional monetary amount if you are eligible for or receiving a VA Pension benefit
- Office of Survivors Assistance - a resource for benefits and services provided by the VA to survivors and dependents of deceased Veterans and members of the Armed Forces.
- Military Personnel Records - Veterans' personnel and/or medical Records; lost medals and awards
- Maryland Department of Veterans Affairs - assisting veterans, active duty service members, their families, and dependents, in securing benefits earned through military service
- PTSD - information for vets, families, and friends, and general public on combat-related trauma, effects of war over time, effects of war on families
- PTSD Help - VA PTSD information regarding care, benefits, or claims
- Check Your Mental Health - Screening tools for alcohol use, depression, PTSD, substance abuse
- Defense POW/MIA Office - dedicated to the mission of finding and bringing missing DoD personnel home
- Vietnam Era POW/MIA Database - The Vietnam-Era Prisoner-of-War/Missing-in-Action Database
- VA Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Services - help with job training, employment accommodations, resume development, job-seeking skills coaching. starting a business, or independent living services for those who are severely disabled and unable to work in traditional employment
- Suicide Prevention - Veterans' Crisis Line: call 1-800-273-8255, press 1 OR text to 838255 OR chat online at http://www.veteranscrisisline.net/gochat/
- VA Caregiver Support - services you and your family may be eligible for. Give them a call at 1-855-260-3274.
- Veteran Aid and Attendance - this benefit is not dependent upon service-related injuries for compensation. Aid and Attendance can help pay for care if the veteran is housebound, bedridden, in a nursing home or an assisted living facility.
Veteran and Military Service Organizations
Association of the US Army (AUSA)
Disabled American Veterans
Jewish War Veterans of the U.S.A.
Paralyzed Veterans of America
Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW)
Vietnam Veterans of America
National Association for Black Veterans (NABVETS)
Military Veterans Resource Center
Justice for Vets
Greenwell Foundation Day Camps - scholarships available
Family First Psychotherapy Services - marriage and family therapy
Sesame Street for Military Families - help for military families
Military Servicemembers' Guide to Starting a Business
College of Southern Maryland NonProfit Institute
Mesothelioma Center at Asbestos.com - free information, resources, and personal assistance to those who have been affected by mesothelioma and asbestos exposure.
Hiring Our Heroes - Translate your military experience for employers